About once a month Alyse goes to spend the week/weekend with her Grammy and Papa. She gets a little spoilin' and I get a little break. It is good for everyone. My mom and dad love it, Alyse loves it, and I love it too.
I usually plan to do a bunch of stuff while Alyse is gone. I schedule all my appointments during this time. (Hair, Dentist, OB, church meetings...) I also like to have lunch with friends, do a little shopping, do some cleaning/organizing, etc...
This week I do have a number of appointments and things to do, but I also decided that I am going to relax as much as possible! (Plus Josh and my mom told me that they want me to stay off my feet.)
This morning I was really in the mood to watch a movie.
Really, I wanted to get dressed in comfy clothes and drive to the theater to see Dear John or maybe Remember Me, but I have never been to a movie by myself and wasn't sure if I wanted to do that or not. (What do y'all think of that idea? Is that weird to go to the movies alone? Or does anyone want to go with me? I'm free!)
Anyway, I remembered that this past weekend when Josh was going through boxes, he had brought me a number of movies to go through and see if I wanted to keep them. I went out to the garage and found the box and pulled out a few of my favorites.
I am not even sure if our VCR works, but I decided over the next few days I am going to watch all of these movies. (I LOVE My Best Friend's Wedding and haven't seen it in forever!)
But just in case the VCR won't work for me, I went and rented these two movies to have a little Twilight Marathon.
If you want to put on some comfy clothes, bring some popcorn (or cookies!!!) and come on over and join me.

3 comments:
Hey! How are you?! I love the purple and white crib bedding! Very cute and not so ordinary like pink is.
I went to a movie by myself once. I don't think I would've done it before having kids. Too self conscious or something, but it was the best thing ever! I think it was Miss Potter that I went to see. There weren't many other people there, and it was just so relaxing and I had my own little treat and water with me. i would totally do it again. I loved it that much. I even caught a few z's while I was waiting for it to start.
Anyway, so fun to be kid free once a month. And it's also a nice little tradition with her grandparents that Alyse will remember her whole life. I wish my parents were close enough so I could do that! Except it would probably be too tiring for them I'm guessing.
OMG! Newsies is one of my FAVORITE movies! My girlfriends and I would have sleepovers and watch it over and over....quoting the lines...singing the songs. That movie brings back the BEST memories!
Looks like we share the same taste in movies! :)
Candice {The Beautiful Mess}
I wish I lived closer because I'd be over in a heartbeat!
I LOVE girly time, and usually do it when the hubs is on night shifts (except I go to bed WAY late while the kiddies still wake up at their usual time. Blah)
I've never attended a movie by myself, but it sounds interesting. Sometimes I like to go window shopping by myself or get food for myself and then go to a park and enjoy the solitude. Haven't done either of those in awhile so maybe I should make the time!
Post a Comment