Monday, February 22, 2010

Trying to come out of hibernation

Once upon a time I use to blog almost everyday.
I also felt like I had things to blog about....

I really have been so busy lately. I had planned on catching up on stuff (blogging, cleaning, organizing, planning...) last week when Alyse was with my parents, but before I knew it, it was Friday and I (well, really Josh) was driving off to go pick her up and bring her home with hardly anything crossed off my check list.

I was so busy with parties, lunches with friends, babysitting, errand running, and other random things that I hardly even did laundry let alone picked up my computer. (Blogs, Facebook... I have missed you!) And as I think about it, I find it rather ironic that I have been so busy but have nothing to blog about....

By the time that I got home at night I felt like this, except for well, my big belly wouldn't let me quite do that. (Every time Josh sees that commercial he looks at me and says "That is so you!")

But really, I've been exhausted. All I want to do is lay in my bed, eat Thin Mints, and watch television. Except well, I fall asleep while I am watching. This leaves Josh coming home to find Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives of OC, Project Runway, or some other exciting show on to welcome him home. (He loves it!)

This morning I was awaken by an almost 3 year old at my bedside saying "Good Morning, Mommy! You getting up?"
My response: "Good Morning, baby! Mommy is very sleepy. Daddy's in the bathroom."
She again said: "You get up, Mommy?"
Me: "Not yet. Go find Daddy."

I then pulled the covers up over my head and stayed that way for a half hour until Josh had fed her breakfast and had to leave for the day.

Then I talked her into laying in bed beside me for an hour watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before she finally went off to play and I decided (after about 15 mins) that maybe I should try to come out of my hibernation.

I'm going to blame it on the rain.

But now it has stopped raining, so I guess I better wake up.
(I promise there will be more post this week! And I will try to make them a little entertaining...)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You are growing another child ----that is hard work! Get all the rest you need! =)

Unknown said...

Sounds like me! Glad you were able to catch up on life last week!

Kelly said...

You need your rest so you can take care of and grow your precious baby!

Natalie said...

That was one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen because it's SO true!