For some reason it snuck up on me this year.
I did put up a few decorations, and Alyse and I did make a few cards. I even went and got Alyse a cute red heart dress to wear, and then tried to do a little Valentine's photo shoot with her.
Josh did a great job of making me feel loved.
On Friday afternoon there was a box of 18 beautiful red roses that was delivered.

Then on Sunday morning I woke to find little love notes all over the house and in my car.
I didn't even get Josh a card!!!! However, I did make him a red velvet heart shaped cake. (That is a little tradition of ours.)
After church, where we celebrated the beginning of Love Week (you have to click on the link to learn all about it!!!!), Josh and I were home alone for the rest of the day. (Alyse is at my parent's house this week.)
Josh had made plans to go to dinner and a movie, but we decided that I should really just stay home and relax. So, he went and got Mexican food from a new restaurant that opened right behind our house and he also went to the grocery store and bought sparkling grape juice and some chocolate and strawberries. We made chocolate covered strawberries and laid in bed eating them and watching some DVRed shows. (How romantic!)
It wasn't all that fancy of a Valentine's Day, but really, we aren't fancy people.
Then on Sunday morning I woke to find little love notes all over the house and in my car.
I didn't even get Josh a card!!!! However, I did make him a red velvet heart shaped cake. (That is a little tradition of ours.)
After church, where we celebrated the beginning of Love Week (you have to click on the link to learn all about it!!!!), Josh and I were home alone for the rest of the day. (Alyse is at my parent's house this week.)
Josh had made plans to go to dinner and a movie, but we decided that I should really just stay home and relax. So, he went and got Mexican food from a new restaurant that opened right behind our house and he also went to the grocery store and bought sparkling grape juice and some chocolate and strawberries. We made chocolate covered strawberries and laid in bed eating them and watching some DVRed shows. (How romantic!)
It wasn't all that fancy of a Valentine's Day, but really, we aren't fancy people.
I was happy just to spend some time together and relax.

5 comments:
Sounds like a perfect V-day!
And at least you got SOME decorations out. The little I have is still in a box which I didn't discover until the day before the holiday. Oh, well.
Glad you're taking it easy and can tell you're SO loved!
how sweet your dh is,awww love is grand any way its shown!
hope your feeling better♥
Sounds like a great V-day! I love Mexican!
That's the best kind of Valentine's Day to have!!
That second picture of her is just precious! I am glad you had a great Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment