It has been hard for me to pick a name because
1. I really thought we were having a boy
2. We had already decided on the name "Alyse Nicole" before I even found out she was a girl. There was no question about it. When I heard the name Elyse I loved it, but I knew I wanted to have a name that started with "A" - so the name Alyse was set.
This time around I kept waiting for a name to just pop out at me. I figured that when I read it/heard it, I would just know that was the name for our baby girl. That didn't really happen.... however, I kept coming back to this name that we chose. Finally Josh looked at me and said, "Stephanie, that's the name." I had to agree with him.
3. There were lots of names that I really liked. However, Josh and I like a little bit of a "different" name. Nothing crazy (like Dream, which is what Alyse suggested the day we found out we were having a girl), but just something you don't hear all the time.
This comes out of Josh and I having the names that we have. I remember that in every class I was in when I was a little girl, there was always another Stephanie. It is a name of the 80s I guess - along with Jessica, Kimberly, Heather, etc. It was just really common while I was going up. (For awhile in elementary school I tried to convince everyone to start calling me Nicole - my middle name. But then I kinda realized that there were just as many - if not more- Nicoles or Nickis as Stephanies, so I gave up on that.) Josh is also obviously a very common name. My best example of that is when Josh played basketball in college. On his team there were 4 guys with the name Josh! 4! Of course they all went by nicknames and not one of them was actually called "Josh" but still, that is a lot of Joshes. (Josh's nickname was "V" by the way. Mine was "Mrs. V" even before we were married.)
So anyway...back to the point, I really want a name that not everyone else will have. No, I don't think she will be the only one with this name (or Alyse will be the only one with the name Alyse) but I still want it to be a little unique.
So what is the name......
Here is a hint:
And I will tell you what it is tomorrow!!!!
10 comments:
OH!!! I want to know! I am loving that little outfit and accessories though! SO CUTE.
When you get a chance, you should come by my blog and enter to win Alyse and "B" a bow of your choice!
Hmmm... I bet it is something really cool and fun!
Bevyn?
Blair?
Bailey?
Bridgit?
Bella?
Blythe?
Brooklyn?
Brinley?
Barbie?
I looked at a baby name website for all the B's I could find that were not scary. . . Okay I was kidding on the last one. . . I also left of Bertha and Bimbette (but I will still be your blog friend if you picked one of those).
Can't wait to find out!
Oh I can't wait to hear what it is!!
I CAN"T WAIT to know!!!! And as a Heather from our generation, I feel your pain!!!!
I'll be checking back tomorrow to find out Baby "B's" name! Such a cute outfit!
Bethany
Oh, I love that little outfit and I can't wait to hear the name :)
Ach, cliffhangers! ;) At least you're not waiting for a week or something. THAT would be torture.
That's fun that you're choosing a name that not over common, and I've been really glad that I don't know too many little kids with my kiddo's names, but I've been really struggling with names this time around.
We have an idea for a girl name, but have really drawn a blank for boy names...
Can't wait to learn what Alyse's littler sister is going to be known as!
I love that outfit! Sarah totally cheated by looking up names, I say Briana, or Breana.
i am so excited that you found a name!! i am pretty sure that i know what it is because i think you told me one day a name with a "b" that you like! i can't wait to know for sure! i love that little outfit - so cute!
Post a Comment