So today, I am taking a day off. But I wanted to post on my blog, so here are a few random things I have been thinking about as I lay here:
- I sometimes joke with Josh that I am glad that we don't have a basement because I think he would lock me in it and not let me go anywhere if we did. I joke about how he might as well take my car keys and put locks on all the doors. He is always telling me that he thinks I should stay home and take it easy. He says it is because I am pregnant, but honestly, I think he wants me to stay home because he knows that I spend more money when I am out and about. Stopping at Target or Hobby Lobby, a trip through the drive thru, even going to the park or a friends house often turns into me spending some money here and there. His theory is I should just stay home. He is probably right, but if he starts to lock me in, I will let y'all know. (NO, he would never do that!)
- My child is addicted to Max and Ruby. I mean seriously addicted. She and Max are close. She calls him often during the day on her play phone. I wish she would ask him where his mother is. However they usually talk about snow bunnies, candy, and toys. Things got a little tense around here a few weeks ago when Josh deleted some of her episodes off our DVR. I can't really blame him. How was he suppose to know that "Sponge Bob Squarepants" (which we don't let her watch) was really her favorite episode - the one with the snow bunny. Papa saved the day and bought her a DVD set of Max and Ruby (Ruby and Max) so I think we are going to make it.
- It has been really cold the last week or so here in NC. I think that since it is so cold we should at least have some snow to go with it. So the other day when I heard the weather man say that we were going to have some snow I got a little excited. Then I heard the actual forecast. There are calling for - wait for it - a whole inch of snow! An inch? 1 inch? Um...that doesn't count. I just had to laugh.
- Over my "Christmas Break" when Alyse was with her Grammy and Papa, Josh and I went to see "The Blind Side". I, my friends, bawled the whole movie! I would like to blame it on my pregnancy hormones, but honestly the story really touched me deep down in my heart. I could go on and on about the reasons why, but I think that would be a really long post.
- Look for a "Bachelor Post" soon. I started to write about that on here too, but I think it was turning into a post of it's own.
- I also have a few police stories that I have been wanting to tell you. I will have to talk to my superior and get clearance first though.
- Are you still reading? I know this post is so thrilling!
- If you are still reading, my blog friend Mindy is having a very cute blog give away. Go here to check it out. (Her post might be much more interesting than this one.)
- Still thinking about baby names. I think that is what I am going to do some searching today. Unless I finally decide to pick up "Breaking Dawn" (which is the final Twilight book for those of you who don't know.) I have been putting it off because I know that I will get distracted until it is done. But since it is my day off, maybe today is a good day.
5 comments:
My staying home would definitely keep me from spending $ -- and I know hubs would be happy about it.
I think that we might get a little snow too.....I'm hoping for a LOT myslef......but maybe on Friday half way through the day so that no one has to make up a day of school....=) Thanks for the post too!
Where is Max's mother? And what business does Ruby have (being only like what....6 years old??) have taking care of him??? My little girl loves that show too....she screams "MAXXXXX" when it comes on. I have even googled the phrase "Where are Max & Ruby's parents?" before....
I had a post kind of like this a few days ago after being "forced" to take it easy by the hubs after a bleeding scare, which has never happened in my other pregnancies (everything's just fine and I even went in and heard the baby's heartbeat on Monday which was SO strong and absolute music to my ears!)
My post dwelt more on my recent book reads, but I'm intrigued about your upcoming posts.
I don't think I'll see Blind Side in theaters because it'll be a waste of money; I'll be crying too much after what I've heard from others (including one of my brothers who's NEVER affected by touching movies until Blind Side!)
Take it easy!
The snow thing cracks me up. Last night they said "a dusting". Is that even considered snow? ha! And they had that big "Artic Blast!" caption across the screen.
Also I just got sucked into the Twilight series. I finished New Moon yesterday and now I want to get the next one! But I don't do anything else when I have a book to read, so I better stick to laundry today!
Hope you are still resting!!
My husband would agree with your husband! He told me today that he is glad I am working now because that is less time I can spend at Target! Well, enjoy your time off and take an easy!!
Post a Comment