Today I had a clothes crisis. My closet looks like someone ransacked it.... Well, I guess someone did. Me!
Today I wore maternity clothes for the first time this pregnancy! At 9 weeks! Part of me thinks it is way to early for me to be wearing these, but on the other hand NOTHING FITS ME! The maternity clothes are a little big, but I really don't want to be squeezing into my other clothes.
Today I REALLY wanted to stop and get myself a Chai from Starbucks. Sadly I can not have any caffeine. Fall and Winter without any Starbucks?!?! That is so depressing!
Today I lost my car keys and was running late. (Still haven't found the keys yet.)
Today I thought I was going to run out of gas because my gas light was on the whole way Uptown, but Josh assured me I had enough to make it the 20miles there and could fill up on the way home. (This is a very stressful thing for me. I've never run out of gas before, but I am always afraid that I am going to. Usually once that gas light comes on I am looking for the nearest gas station.)
Today I was greeted by a handsome police officer holding a bouquet of beautiful fall flowers.
Today I went and bought some pumpkins and flowers to decorate the front of our house. However, when I got home I had broken into a sweat from dragging them around, packing them in the car, and unpacking them. So, they are now sitting in the garage because I am too exhausted to be decorative right now.
Today I started to stress that I don't really have a Halloween costume for Alyse.
Today I am not going to get a nap. Alyse ended up sleeping in the car. I'm very sad about that!
Today I have watched way too many episodes of Dora.
Today I finally made myself a hair appointment! Praise God.
Today I got the dress that I ordered to wear to my sister's wedding in 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I like it... It is kinda big right now, but I am guessing that I am going to be a little bigger in 3 weeks. Maybe I should keep looking to find something else.
Today I have told myself that I WILL catch up on my Bible reading. (However, honestly, I am so far behind I don't think I am going to get it all done today.)
Today Josh works late.
Today I am very worried about our 12yr old golden retriever, Zeke. He is getting really old and showing his age. Sad to see him in pain.
Today Alyse has said these things that made me laugh:
- To Josh and I: "Hola, Amigos!"
- To lady at store: "I Alyse. This is Mommy"
- To no one: " I say Hello. Ni Hao!"
Today I am very glad that it is Friday and the weekend is here!
11 comments:
aw..hang in there Steph! be encouraged as you remember the blessings, particularly the little one growing inside you :)
and, it did smile that Alyse is saying hello to people in Chinese :) I taught my special ed kids a few words in Chinese this week...so much fun!
Today you had someone from an entire state away reach out and give you a hug! And if we lived closer I'd bring you dinner...or take your poor starving child out for supper! :D
Sounds like you're having a rough week! Just remember when you feel bad about wearing maternity clothes, just do it if it's comfy...we all wear them a lot sooner after the first pregnancy.
Hopefully the sickness goes away soon, I had it really bad with both pregnancies, but if you're throwing up a lot ask them if they can change medicines. We found the "miracle drug" for me that was so helpful, but we had to experiment awhile. Good luck thought, I know it's so hard to be sick when you have another little one at home to worry about.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Feel better soon! :)
Aww...man. The pantry was the WORST when I was pregnant with my second. And I don't think I cooked for 2/3 of my pregnancy. MCL was our best friend! :) Hang in there!
So glad that you stopped by.....I am adding your blog to my sidebar....you have a beautiful family...
Gosh... I just read back over my post and I am kind of depressing! Totally didn't mean for it to come across that way!
I am on meds and they do help, but first thing in the morning is still rough on me.
Plus the last couple of days have been crazy. Josh made me stay home the other day because he said that I was going to wear myself out. I think he is right.
Thanks guys for your encouragement! You are always so sweet to me.
Oh, and I am so lucky to have a husband who shows up with flowers and a daughter who cracks me up.
LOL you DO need a hug today! That smell stage... yuk! The worst for me (besides the given - raw chicken), was a loaf of bread! How weird is that? It made me gag!!
I hope the weekend gives you time to relax and get recharged for MUCH different week on monday :)
Stephanie --
I hope that sometime when I'm in Charlotte we can meet, too! Maybe we can go shopping or something =) I <3 South Park. and concord mills, etc....
Also - just wanted to say that I hope "Today" (saturday) is better than yesterday! =)
I don't think it's ever too early to wear maternity clothes! Go ahead! Hope things get better for you!
Awww....and to think you've got SEVEN months to go!! ;) I think you're being a little hard on yourself about the caffeine though. I heard one caffinated drink a day is ok.
Thanks for the day's sharing because it let's me know I'm not crazy if someone else is going through the same stuff!
Smells were the worse with my first pregnancy but I couldn't stand anything that dealt with chicken with my 2nd, so...yeah, that's weird.
I can relate about the empty gas tank stress, but had it happen while growing up and had to push the huge family van with my little brothers off of the highway and into a very rural town. Since then I stress when the tank is even 1/4 full.
Sorry for the hijack and hope all is better for you! Don't forget to take the time for yourself to get plenty of rest! I have to remind myself that ALL the time!
Big hugs from the Rockies.
Post a Comment