Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumkin Carvin

This weekend, Josh and Alyse finally carved their pumpkin.



Dear God,
Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin)

Take away all my sin and forgive me for the
wrong things I do; (Clean out the inside)



Open my eyes so Your Love I will see;
(Cut eyes)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear;
(Cut ears)
Open my mouth so I can tell others about You;
(Cut mouth)

Let Your Light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle and light)

Alyse loved her pumpkin! She was very interested in what Josh was doing and did not leave his side. He tried to get her to help him clean it out, but she wasn't so sure about "the mess"! He got her to put her hand in once but she pulled it right out and asked for a wipe. Ha! After they were done she hugged her pumpkin, then she hugged her Daddy and told him "Thank you for my pumpkin, Daddy." It was precious!


Here is the "Pumpkin Prayer" that is with the pictures. I read it somewhere and thought it was sweet. Had to share it with y'all.

Dear God,
Open my mind so I can learn about You;
(Cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sin and forgive me for the
wrong things I do; (Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your Love I will see;
(Cut eyes)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear;
(Cut ears)
Open my mouth so I can tell others about You;
(Cut mouth)
Let Your Light shine in all I say and do! Amen.
(Place a candle and light)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never heard that pumpkin prayer before...I love it!

mrsofficer said...

That's adorable, I especially like her face when daddy shows her the seeds!lol

Annette said...

That is a very cute pumpkin and the little prayer is so sweet that goes with it.

Natalie said...

What a cute little prayer!

I just LOVE the picture and caption of Alyse hugging the pumpkin and thanking her daddy. That's beyond adorable!

Kelly said...

Love the prayer and the pictures! :)

Jill Pagels said...

Love the prayer...we might have to carve another pumpkin just so we can do that.

Unknown said...

Loved the little prayer and the pumpkin turned out so cute!

Heather said...

Awesome job on the pumpkin!!! I love the pic of Alyse hugging him!