Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let's Go To The Movies

(First I need you to sing the title just like they do in Annie, because I was so humming this song as we walked into the theater. Ok, now for the post.)

This past weekend we took Alyse to her first official movie.
And since we wanted it to be an event to remember, we took her to the double feature of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. (More than 3 hours of movie!)
She loved it and was very excited about the movie theater.
She sat on Josh or my lap the whole time and was so good.
She wasn't too sure about those 3D glasses. They were very large on her. She ended watching most of the movies without them.

When we first got there I whipped out my camera to make sure that I had some pictures of the event.


Right after I took this picture, a manager came up and told me that we were not allowed to take our camera in because of copy right laws so I must either give her my camera or take it out to the car.
I understood, but was so upset with myself that I had given myself away before I even got a picture of her in her seat, or her eating out of the huge bag of popcorn, or her with the 3D glasses on!
However, I did sneak one picture with my BlackBerry.
Shh! Don't tell!


4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Ahh, that is too precious! The first trip to the movies. I am glad you got some pictures before they got to you. :)

We went to a Christmas store yesterday and I saw the mermaid policeman ornament. I laughed and thought of you.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is adorable! Those movies are soo fun!

Unknown said...

So cute! I got in trouble for taking a pic of Molly's first time in the pool! Molly would never sit through a movie, I am so glad your little girl did. Fun times!

Natalie said...

That's awesome that she enjoyed the movies! And yes, as soon as I saw the post title I sang the Annie version, but didn't do the Rockette dance. ;)

When the hubs and I went on a movie date, he was stopped by one of the managers for wearing a gun until he showed them his badge. The guy was just doing his job, but he sure looked nervous to confront us!