What's the story?
After last time, I had to go back to my doctor's office multiple times to have my blood tested because my hormone levels were still very high. Right before we went to the beach, they had told me that they expected my body to be back to normal soon. But nothing ever happened and I started to wonder a little bit.
A few weeks ago, I started to feel very sick and exhausted.
At first I thought that maybe I had some kind of virus or something, but after a few days I decided to take a test.
It was positive!
I decided to not get myself to excited. I called the doctor and made an appointment.
As I was laying on the table waiting to get my ultra sound the tech told me that we would check to see how everything looked, but I needed to prepare myself that we might not be able to see anything. She also asked if I had any idea how far a long I was. I told her I had no clue. Again she told me that there may be nothing there for us to see.
All of a sudden she got a huge smile on her face and said, "Well, I have very good news! There is a baby there!" She did some measuring and told me that I was right at 7 weeks. And that it looked like my due date would be around May 14th.
I was shocked!
We heard the heart beat and it was very strong.
I met with my doctor who assured me that everything looked great.
We looked at the calendar and realized that I had only gone 2 weeks without being pregnant!
So, in a way, I will be pregnant for a year! I got pregnant in May and will have a baby in May.
How do I feel?
Physically ~ I have been sick. (Which everyone tells me is a good sign.)
Last Friday I had to go back in for more blood work and my doctor gave me a prescription for some medicine. It has helped me to feel much better!
I am also feeling very worn out, and a little emotional.
I have spent as much time as possible in my bed.
Honestly, I am also trying not to stress about my weight.
Let me put it this way - I have been pregnant for 5 months, but only am 8 weeks along.
I feel like I am huge, but don't have a baby belly yet.
My clothes aren't really fitting me, but I don't know if I'm ready to start to wear maternity clothes already.
I think I am just going to wear sweats everywhere.
Emotionally ~ I am very excited.
However, I am also being very careful, and I am praying A LOT!
Last time hit me hard. It was very unexpected.
This time - I am a little nervous. Well, maybe a lot nervous.
I almost didn't post it on my blog or really tell anyone.
However when I went to the doctor again on Friday she (again) assured me that everything looked great. I decided that instead of worrying I am going to enjoy it.
11 comments:
I am so excited for you! And Josh and Alyse! Thanks for telling us, now we can pray for you too! I think what you said is best, just enjoy it!
Well I, for one, am thrilled that you decided to share the news! Now we get to enjoy this with you! :) Praying for you!
I totally understand everything you said and will be praying for you. I have two "May babies" and it is a great time to be pregnant/have a baby!!!!
Wow! What exciting news! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby!
you go girl! you rest assured in the joy that God is giving you right now because of this new baby you are growing!! you look beautiful and try your best to rest when you can!!!
i am praying for you and for a healthy baby!!!!
Congrats Stephanie! You will be in our prayers. :)
Candice {The Beautiful Mess}
Amber is a May baby-a beautiful time to have a baby. REST REST REST!!! I have gained more than I care to admit, and my husband keeps saying....your pregnant! It's okay! Your beautiful! Your supposed to gain weight! Tell that to my pants that I can't get up my thighs!! I am so happy for you. I don't know why, but I had a feeling it would happen again right away. This is so exciting!!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you. Enjoy the time because it goes by so fast. Don't worry about the baby weight it's what makes us a mom. I just call my post baby body "Body by Thomas". Can't wait to hear all about your new little one.
I am so excited for you!!! Definitely will keep you in my prayers.
Congratulations! I am SO SO happy for you! Back to the "B" names. . . I will be keeping you and your pregnancy in my prayers. . .
Congratulations Stephanie! I'm happy for you and your little family. I hope you start feeling better and that it goes by fast. Well, not too fast because you need to get ready . . . :)
Post a Comment