Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birthday Surprise

Sunday is my birthday.
As far as I knew, we didn't really have any big plans for my birthday.
But someone surprised me last night.

I had a phone call yesterday afternoon that I was to get ready for a night out and to pack a bag for an overnight stay away.

Honestly - it all sounds very romantic and sweet (which it was) but to be realistic (and not make this "blog perfect") let's just say that I wasn't having a great day yesterday. I didn't feel good and was kinda stressed. As happy as I was to be going out, I kinda broke down a little bit. But because I have such a sweet husband, he waited for me and just edited our plans.

He had planned on taking me out to dinner (and had reservations here) but like I said, I made us very late.

So instead, we skipped part 1 and went on to part 2 of the evening.
The home opener of the Charlotte Bobcat's game.
Now I know that basketball may not be fun for everyone, but I love basketball, so I was very excited.

Here is a funny part of the story - Josh had talked to another police officer who works security at the games. He told Josh that there was a scalper up there that he trusted and would give him a deal, so we drove up there to meet him right before the game. The whole thing was very funny to me. There was this very large guy who the other officer directed us to. The guy got really, REALLY close to me, reached in his coat and pulled out two tickets. Then he held out his other hand to shake hands with Josh so they could do the money exchange. Then he handed Josh the tickets, closed his coat, and walked away. I told Josh that I felt like I just watched him do a drug deal or something. However the seats were really good, and we did get them at a really good cost.

Here is a picture from our seats. We were in row J- just 10 rows away from the floor. I made sure not to zoom or anything. I wanted you to see just how close we were.

Once we got inside, I was kinda glad that we hadn't gone out to eat because we got some nachos and some other "game food" which makes the game just a little more festive.


The game actually turned out to be a very good game. They ended up going into double overtime, but finally the Bobcats won by 2 points. (I have to say that I was pretty glad when it was finally over. I was getting tired!)

Once the game was over we walked right across the street to the Epicenter and stayed here.

It was a lot of fun and I was very happy to spend a surprise birthday date night with my husband. It was a great start to my birthday weekend!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great hubby!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! What a great date night!

Meadowlark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meadowlark said...

Happy Birthday~!

(i knew my last comment came across wrong, so I just started over - it's hard to be 'humorous' in comments)

Because of Love said...

You didn't have to delete it! I thought it was funny!

Trust me, I had the same question. I asked him if it was illegal and he said that there are certain laws (like they can't be fake tickets, they have to stand so far away from the ticket line, you can't sell them for more than they are worth...ect). So I guess the guy that we bought them from was ok.