Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The award goes to

Over the last 2 weeks I have received a blog award, twice.
Thanks so much to both Kate and Mandy for giving me this award!


These are the rules:
1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.

Hmmm... what are 7 things that y'all don't know about me.

1. One time in middle school I was in a jalapeno eating contest at youth group. It was me vs like 10 high school boys. (Picture me, a small 8th grader and the only girl on the stage, and a bunch of big football player like guys.) I won. I ate 88. The guy who came in 2nd ate 60. My mom asked me why I ate so many more than I had to to win. I remember telling her that I was just eating them faster than everyone else. I didn't stop until my youth pastor took the bowl away from the table in front of me.

2. I am afraid of squirrels/chipmunks. One time I went to go throw something away in a trash can. I didn't see that there was a squirrel on the edge of the trash can. When I threw the trash in the squirrel jumped out and landed on my shoulder and ran over my head and then down my back. It totally freaked me out.

3. These are the places that I have worked since High School - Hallmark, Tree of Life (a Christian bookstore and coffee shop), Bath and Body Works, a window teller at a bank, a waitress at Applebees (that only lasted 3 weeks because I HATED IT!), a substitute teacher, a 3rd grade teacher, and now a stay at home wife/mom.

4. One time I got stuck in an elevator. It got stuck between the 8th and 9th floor. The door opened and I could see about 3 feet of open space at the top where the 9th floor was. Everything else I could see was the wall of the elevator shaft. I kept pushing the close door button and the 9 button. Finally someone pushed the button in the lobby, so I went all the way back down. It was only for a few minutes, but I still started to panic a little bit. I walked up the stairs to the 9th floor cause I was not getting back in that elevator!

5. My sister and I were in a local commercial here in Charlotte when we were babies.

6. I am a pretty picky eater... Don't really like onions, tomatoes, and a number of other things. The one thing that most people think is odd that I don't like is peanut butter. Hate it! Can't even stand the smell of it. My mom says that I never liked it.

7. I don't talk about him much, but we have a cat named Bubba. I got him as a bridal shower present. (Yes, my roommate from college gave him to me at my bridal shower!) I had never had a cat before and never (and still don't) really like cats...but Bubba isn't bad. Plus he was taken away from his mother before he was completely weened so I use to have to feed him with a bottle and cuddle him up at night with a hot water bottle, so in a way I got kinda attached to him.... Anyway, he is a super easy cat. The best thing about him is that I somehow house trained the cat. I didn't really set out to, but it just happened. I guess he saw that whenever the dogs had to go outside they would sit by the door and bark/whine. So he started to do it too. Now whenever I see him sitting by the door he meows at me, I let him out, and he comes back when he is done taking care of business. The best part, no litter box to clean up.


Now for the nominating part.

I don't know who to chose... So, I pick anyone who may be having some "writers block". Cause I know that happens to me sometimes. This will help you be "kreativ"!

If you end up telling 7 things about you, let me know. I want to come check them out, plus I can come edit this post and link you.



4 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Thanks for those new fun stories. I love learning new things about my blog friends.

I went hiking with my girlfriend a couple years ago, and we tossed a grape that was brown from our bag onto the ground. In hindsight, not a good idea, but it was biodegradable. . . In less than a minute, we were swarmed by no less than ten squirrels. They hopped up over the side of the cliff where we have thrown the grape, and they started creeping toward us, and it was really scary! I totally know what you mean about the squirrel thing. They are frightening!

Lyryn said...

I love these because you learn no much about someone! Congrats on the award!

Unknown said...

I used to work at a Christian bookstore in high school! Funny about the eating contest, since you are a picky eater! We have a cat named Billy, and when Molly was 8 months old she called him Bubba. We have never called him that before, but now he has turned from Billy to Bubba!

Jenna said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!! Just wanted to come over and say hi! Your blog is precious and your family is so cute. Hope ya'll are having a great night!

P.S. I loved this list of random things! You are too cute!