Her dress shoes, some white sandals, and some pink sandals.
I don't know what happened, but her white sandals (the ones she wears almost everyday) are missing. I have looked everywhere for them, but they are GONE!
I have no clue where they went.
So, she started wearing her pink sandals a lot.
This means that I have to think a lot about what she is going to wear that day to make sure the bright pink sandals match.
Well, on Saturday I found a cute pair of little tennis shoes that I bought for her last year. She only wore them a few times and matched with her little outfit she had on, so I thought that we would give them a try. Josh put them on her and said that it felt like she had plenty of room. She didn't complain about wearing them, so we rushed out the door to a birthday party.
After the birthday party she wasn't acting right. She was so fussy! I thought maybe she was tired. But she just kept crying and crying. Josh actually had to pull over on our way home because she was crying so hard. We pulled her out of her car seat to console her and check on her because this was so not like her at all. Somewhere in the middle of trying to do anything to make her stop crying, Josh took her shoes off. She started rubbing her feet and finally started to calm down. Josh looked at her feet and they were blistered and bloody. (Gross, I know! Sorry!)
The whole time her feet were hurting her. I felt so bad for her!
Yesterday when I was getting her ready for church she refused to let me put shoes on her. She cried and would not let me touch her feet. I tried both her pink sandals and her dress shoes (which are like little white ballet slippers). She would not wear either pair.
She just kept saying, "Mommy, my boo-boos! My toes, Mommy!"
So I took my child to church yesterday bare foot.
One of my friends told me that it was really ok because all girls have to get use to their feet hurting because of shoes. I was just teaching her the lesson early. Fashion hurts sometimes.
I looked through her shoe baskets and realized she really does not have one pair of shoes to wear for fall.
Well, actually, that is a lie.
She does have these.
And she seems quite happy to be wearing them.
They may have to work, cause that is all we got right now.
4 comments:
So cute! I love rain boots! I feel so bad for her, her little feet! Your friend is right, there is a price to pay to be in fashion!
I hear they are having shoe sales in Raleigh NC - You should consider a trip soon to check it out.
I completely sympathize with you! Fortunately for me, a friend of mine let me go in on a wholesale order with her for some squeaky shoes and now my princess has shoes to last her for almost the next year! Whew.
I was really stressing before though because I hate spending tons on shoes she'll only wear for a few months since my kids are growing so freakishly fast!
P.S. Thanks for the comment on my blog about the Twilight series. I told you it would be fast reading! I'm almost done with Eclipse as well (only I'm embarrased to admit it's my 3rd time reading it)
What a fashion statement. I'll be sure Mr. Phil sees the picture. He'll forget all about his aversion to her bows! Sorry her feet hurt so bad. I think barefoot is just fine until it frosts.
Post a Comment