Saturday, September 12, 2009

Off

Warning
This post might not make any sense.
It isn't going to be all cute and funny.
There will be no pictures.
I just have to write some stuff out.
I may even delete this before I post it.

I am feeling...off.
I can't really say that I have had a bad week or that things aren't going well.
Things just haven't felt right for the last week or so.

My house is a mess. (Well, a mess in my world.)
There are trash cans overflowing, dirty dishes sitting around, the bathrooms are gross, dust has built up, and a vacuum has not been run in 2 weeks.
I did do the laundry...however there are now 7 loads sitting in a huge pile on the chaise in my bedroom. They have been there almost a week getting wrinkly and cat hair on them. The only time I've touch it is to add more to it or dig through it to find something to wear.

That leads me to my clothing breakdown that I am having.
Really it is a weight problem.
I am feeling very sensitive and upset about this "baby weight".
I look pregnant.
I was doing great at working out... until about 3 weeks ago.
I really haven't been eating like crazy but for some reason the number on the scale keeps going up and my clothes are looking worse and worse.

Last week I didn't get anything taken care of.
I had to go grocery shopping on Monday. I went Thursday.
I did not cook one thing last week. (Unless you count EasyMac.)

I am behind in Bx90.
We are suppose to be on Psalm 89.
I am on Psalm 32.

I haven't even mailed out the CDs from my giveaway yet!
(I am sorry K and K. I promise I will get them out to you! I haven't forgotten!)

I have completely embarrassed myself about 10 times this week.
I have no social skills.
Talking, texting, walking... haven't done great with those this week.

My blog.
This week I have looked at it and started to type but felt like I had nothing!
That 9/11 post ~ the only reason it is there is because I wrote it awhile ago, set it to publish (thinking I would edit it) and forgot about it.

The funny thing is that I felt so busy last week.
Everyday I felt like I was running around doing this and that.
But looking back, I did nothing!
It was a big failure of a week.

I've also had a lot of stuff on my mind.
Family stuff, personal stuff, planning stuff.
My brain has been getting a work out.
(Wish it burned as many calories as the elliptical.)

I feel like I haven't been a good wife.
I feel like I haven't been a good mommy.
I feel like I haven't been a good friend.
I just feel off!

The only good thing I can say is that last week is over.
Guess I am just going to somehow flip a switch.
Hopefully I can turn things around this week.

9 comments:

awoods said...

First of all, we ALL have off days and off weeks. I am sorry that you don't feel like yourself. You sure brightened my day today! I really needed to see a friend and get a hug. Matt and I are having such a hard time attending Elevation while living so far away. Jonathan has been sick off and on and the baby is on the way and I know we are going to miss more church. We kind of feel out of the loop. And, I am a in the loop kind of girl. So, although you may feel like you can't get anything right this week, you have already turned things around and you didn't even know it. Seeing your always smiling face, really made my day. I bet you didn't think that a hug and a short conversation made such a difference. Things are looking up for you this week, I just know it:)
Love ya!!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry that you feel that way! I think we all have those weeks! Sometimes I feel more off then on! Don't worry about the cd! I am excited to listen to it, but it will get here, when it gets here! Please know that I am praying for you! I always look forward to reading your blog, and hearing what you have to say, so keep writing!

Heather said...

I'm sorry Stephanie. I definitely know how you feel (or at least I feel "off" sometimes, too) and I will pray that this week is much better!

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry! I know how you feel with being "off". I have gone through that many times lately. What helps me is to not go on my feelings and emotions, but to do what Philippians 4:8 says, think on things that are true, honest, pure, lovely, virtueous, and praiseworthy. It's hard to do this, but it helps get me out of the "rut." I'll be praying that this week is much better for you!! Take care.

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

Stephanie - hugs to you!! I am sorry that you're having such an off week. I pray that next week is much better for you.

Chelsea said...

I hope you can find comfort in the fact that you are not alone. We all have weeks like that. I think I sometimes have them more than I should! But, this too shall pass!

dawn said...

girl, i feel like you just wrote a post for me! i have had a week (or two) like that as well. and i think that your title is perfect...off, i have just felt off.

i am praying that this will be a better week for you and that you will be "on" again.

i have been reading and reciting
2 corin. 12:9&10. (from the sermon last week at church!) perhaps you will find comfort in it too.

i look forward to seeing you in two weeks, if not sooner!!!

Joy said...

I have the answer!!! Good times with good friends...so when are you coming over! I love you and I'd love to see you:)

Natalie said...

The laptop is resting on a pile of laundry that should have been folded before updating myself in the blog world. You're definitely not alone but I appreciate your honesty. Sometimes life is hard, puts us in a funk, and it's discouraging!