Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello There

Well, I just discovered from a bunch of comments that I am featured today at Lynnette's Dancing Barefoot On Weathered Ground today. So glad to have you visit us.

She did a great job introducing us. My name is Stephanie and I am married to my handsome police officer husband, Josh. We are high school sweethearts who now live right outside of Charlotte, NC. We also have a precious little girl named Alyse. We are very active in our church and are very blessed.

You will notice that this past week has been pretty "dramatic". A week ago today we discovered that I was going through a miscarriage of our 10 week old baby.

I promise that things aren't usually so depressing around here!

Thank you so much for stopping by. Please feel free to look around and get to know us a little better. And leave me a comment so I can come and visit you too!

23 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Stephanie,
I popped over from Lynnette's blog to say hello.

Your blog is sweet, I'm glad I stopped by.

Christina

Kelly said...

Hey Stephanie,

I just came over from Lynnette's blog to say hey! I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious baby. I'm sure it's been a really rough time.

You have such a cute blog!
Hugs,
Kelly

trennia said...

Stopped over from Lynnette's getting to know you to say Hi!
Sorry about your loss..God bless you.

L said...

(((Stephanie)))

I'm so very sorry you lost your baby - my heart goes out to you as I've walked this path too. I hope you feel a little better soon. Thinking of you and praying for much gentler days ahead...
lynette x

Lorie said...

Stopping over from Lynette's blog. I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm praying for you and your husband today.

Kristen said...

Hi Stephanie! I just popped over from Lynette's blog. I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. Please know that prayers are being sent your way from NYC!

-Kristen

Holly said...

Here from Lynnette's and it's nice to meet you! I'm so sorry your lost your precious little one.

java girl said...

Dear Stephanie,

I have just popped over here from Lynnette's blog to say hello! Hello!! It is so very nice to meet you! I am very sorry for your loss. I look forward to getting to know you better! I'm about to go blogging around in your posts!

May the Lord bless you and your family with strength in this hard days.

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

Hi Stephanie,

I, too, found you through Lynnette. I'm excited to 'meet' more of you as I continue to read your blog.

{{{HUGS}}} to you & your family over your recent loss. Feel free to mourn the loss of your child. I miscarried in March 2008 and still feel that loss.

God bless you & your family. Thank your husband for being willing to serve his community.

Lots of love,
Allison

Lolli (aka Lisa) said...

Be blessed today, Stephanie, and feel the arms of Jesus wrapped tightly around you this moment in your loss and grief. I am visiting from Lynnette's site and am glad she shared you with us, so we can pray for and with you! I am praying for peace in the midst of the storm, and pray your mess can become your message. Hope you will visit me when you feel up to it: http://www lollipopandpearls.blogspot.com

Blessings,

Lolli (aka Lisa)

Karen said...

Hi Stephanie,
I am visiting from Lynnette's "Getting to Know You." I have enjoyed meeting new blogging friends.

I am so sorry about the loss of your baby. I pray that God will comfort you and bring you great peace!

Blessings,
Karen

Kelci said...

Oh, Stephanie. My heart aches for you and your family. I too have walked this path. I am praying for you and your family. They are so beautiful and precious. God is holding you tighter then ever right now. I send you hugs and prayers.

I found you from Lynnette's GTKY blog. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

(((HUGS)))
Kelci @ My Journey.....

lov said...

i love her blog!!
i think that i found her blog from your blog....
didn't you post one days about something that she was doing on her blog....
now i need to figure out what that was.....

Ms. Sarah said...

I just spent time reading through your blog. I will be back. I am here from getting to know you. I am so sorry for you loss. We have been down that road too. Hugs!

Ellen said...

There are alot of us that popped over from Lynettes blog.:)
Will pray for you over your loss...I am so sorry. May the Lords love cover you as only His love can at times like these.

midRae said...

Hello, again. Just had to say hi and keep hanging in there. Cute blog and great to meet ya.

midRae said...

Oh I forgot, I found you through Lynnette's blog. Congrats on being the feature. :)

Michelle said...

Hi Stephanie, found you through Lynette's blog. I love your little slide shows on the side of your blog. How did you make them? Is this a blog program, or something you bought with a photo program? Well, I think they are terrific.
Michelle & girls in hot hot Washington state

Becky said...

Hi, I am visiting from Lynnette's blog. Your little girls is adorable. My little girls are very princessy as well. I am so sorry about your loss. What a hard thing to go through. We will be praying for your sweet family.
Becky

Unknown said...

Popping over from Lynnette...lots of sympathy and hugs to you this week, and so glad to get to know you!

Carla said...

Your wedding post reminded me so much of my own things I would change. I was 19 (barely) and trying to do it on the cheap...I used to cringe even looking at the pictures (which we amateur).
In the end its the marraige that matters anyway :)
I'm so sorry to hear that you miscarried. I too miscarried a baby at 10 wks with my third pregnacy. Its a tough thing to go through both physically and emotionally. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
It was nice to meet you and congrats on being the featured blogger!!

Jennifer said...

Popped over from Lynette's and have so enjoyed reading a bit about you (I'm also married to a hunky police officer....who is now retired!) :) And I loved seeing your wedding photos - I think my favorite thing is that you guys are still going strong with your promise with flowers and desserts! That's awesome!! Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I stopped by your blog from Lynette's. I love your blog so far, I'll be following! And good for you to be featured by her! Enjoy all your visitors.