We just got back from the doctor's office.
It was a much longer trip than I anticipated.
They did a number of test (blood work, throat swab, and then they put a catheter in her to do a urinalysis.) None of the results will be back until Monday.
They gave her some shots of antibiotic because her white blood cells were high and they know that she is fighting some type of infection. They also gave her some anti-nausea medicine.
There were talks of putting her in the hospital, but we were allowed to bring her home. However, if her fever continues to rise, or if she becomes dehydrated or continually is throwing up we are suppose to take her to the ER.
She was such a good girl. She looked so pathetic as she laid on the table and they were all poking her. She did fuss a little, but I was proud of her. It was a lot for a little girl in one morning!
Thanks for praying.
New Update:
Saturday, June 20th
Alyse seems to be doing much better!
Her fever has dropped and she is starting to eat and play.
She is sleeping right now and is still wanting to just lay around watching movies and reading books, but she is much happier.

3 comments:
Oh, Sweetie! Poor thing--both of you! Hope all of you get some rest and sleep and that the fever drops!
Hope your girl is feeling better.
I just got back into town.....from your neck of the woods I think.
Hope she is better!
Blessings on you all!
in HIM -
Mindy
I am SO sorry she's been sick! I'm sure that it's taken a lot out of you too, so I'm glad that she's now on the mend. It nearly gives me an anxiety attack everytime one of my babies get sick, though they're so active, the silver lining is that they finally get a chance to rest and lay down long enough for me to snuggle with them.
Post a Comment