We were in Raleigh visiting Papa and Grammy, and went to Marbles.
There were many things for her to do....
First, she played some games
Then she made a website with Papa
She also stopped by an igloo and did some ice fishing

Did some gardening


Was a pirate
Stopped to make a phone call

Rode a bus
Mailed some packages
Went and did some rounds as a doctor taking care of babies

Fought some fires
Did a little grocery shopping
There were actually a few other things that she did-raced some cars, was a fashion designer, was an actress in a play, was a farmer, played in some water... but the pictures were getting a little out of control.
By the end of it all, she was exhausted!
Finally, there was a sack race.
By the end of it all, she was exhausted!

9 comments:
what a fun looking place!
You can never have too many pictures! Looks like you had a great time. My husband is from North Carolina and we love Marbles! One of the best children's museums around. . .
that looks like a great place. My kids would love that. Another cute room in your house by the way! I love the black and white.
Wowie! I'm worn out just *looking* at the pictures! :D What a fun place! So glad you guys were able to get out, visit family and have a great day!
Whew! At least that's not a "typical day" for her, and all of the careers will really help her look into what more to pursue later on in life (personally, it's a toss up between the fashion designer and pirate).
Looks awesome! I wish we had something like that in Idaho!
A little piece of Mommy advice...I see Amber and I when I see you and Alyse. She was an only child for 7 1/2 years. We did it all. She started dance at 2, preschool, gymboree, little gym, Disney on Ice, Sesame Street Live, The Circus, Barney Live, Beauty and the Beast play, swimming, bike riding, play dough, sand table, easel for painting, you name it, we did it, and we did it several times.
I was once told I was setting the bar too high, and it would come back and bite me one day. I didn't want to hear it. I was enjoying my child, and doing all I could with her. No one was going to stop me.
That person was right(her Dad). Now 11, she is forever asking, 'Where are we going? What are we doing? I have nothing to do. I am bored.' As we are pulling out of Carowinds, she is asking me what we are doing next. We can swim for 4 hours, and she's asking me if we can go back out after dinner. She wants to have a friend/cousin over constantly. I hate to say it, but he was right. And gloating. If she doesn't have 'something to do', she's like, lost. I can't give you advice on how to find a happy medium, because I obviously failed at that. Just make sure that she knows that life isn't a party 24/7. Learn from my 'mistake with good intentions'. ;0)
Thanks Colleen for your comment. I have read it over and over. I almost didn't post it cause I know you wrote it personally to me, but posted it anyway. Hope that is ok.
I do appreciate your advice, and I will take it to heart. I see how it can turn out of control.
However, I do have to say that most days Alyse and I stay home and don't do much. Going to Target is an outing for us.
I hope that when I post things on my blog that I don't give people the wrong impression of our life. We really aren't that exciting of people! I love to be home in my pjs and spend most of my days at home.
I do like to do fun things with her (and have many "I can't wait to do that with her" things planned.) And I am sure that finding a balance is something that I will have to work on.
For now I am just going to enjoy her... if that is at home, great. If it is out and about, great! :)
Thanks for your comment.
Wheeeewww.....I've been looking for this. I thought I insulted you and you were mad at me! It was out of love and experience! I guess your right. Who blogs about staying in and folding laundry. LOL! We always highlight the good stuff!
I am not mad at you! Don't be silly! I knew that you meant it in love. No offence taken! Glad that you care about both me and Alyse. :)
Post a Comment