Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Reading

Every once in awhile I get tired of reading "Christian books"
(as in Bible studies, Christian fiction, parenting books...)

Sometimes I just like to read for entertainment and enjoyment!
I love to read a really fun fiction!

One of my favorite authors is Sophia Kinsella! I LOVE her books! There was this one summer that I read every one of her book that I could find.
(She is the author of The Shopoholic series.)

Another time I read a number of books by Cecelia Ahern.
(She is the author of PS, I Love You.)

This summer my reading pleasure has been Tori Spelling's 2 books.
sTORI telling


Mommywood


Oh my word, she cracks me up.
While I don't think that our lives are anything alike, I really enjoyed reading her books.

Now, I need some more fun books to read for the summer.
Anyone have any suggestions?

7 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I love Sophie Kinsella books! Did you know she writes as Madeline Wickam as well? Those are not as funny, but they are still pretty good. My all time favorite of her's is Can You Keep a Secret. I will have to check of the Cecilia Ahern books.

I read a bunch of Jennifer Weiner last summer. She is kind of Like Sophie Kinsella. . .

Dori said...

A friend of mine--Amy Clipston, who also happens to be an award winning author--lives near you. She's been doing book signings all over the Charlotte area. Her first book (A Gift of Grace) is out and another coming in September. Most excellent reading! Neither books are types that I would normally read (the first one is Amish and the one coming in Sept is a Nascar romance) but I didn't want to put it down.

Kristin said...

I've seen Tori's books on so many blogs. I'll have to read them!

Becca said...

I just love Tori Spelling. She and her husband are too funny! I plan on reading her books as soon as things calm down a bit around here!

Laura said...

Paula Deans book 'It Aint All About the Cookin'- its hilarious and she actually has an interesting past, easy read.

Natalie said...

I actually posted about my current reads last week, but I'll have to look into the Tori Spelling books! I also have a huge list on the right hand side of my blog of some of my favorites and the authors.

I read PS I Love You last year, and loved how the movie captured the best parts of the book.

The teacher in me loves to read young adult literature because of potential lesson plans that are interesting (not teaching for a few more years, but still nice to keep up on things!)

Anywho, I absolutely LOVE the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (modernizes Greek mythology in a VERY funny way!) by Rick Riordan. There's also the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, which are seriously funny (and one of the characters is named Seth, my son's name, so it has a tender place in my heart already!)

You can't go wrong with anything by L.M. Montgomery, author of the Anne of Green Gables series. She's my all-time favorite author.

Sorry for the epic comment here, but once the request for book recommendations go out, I can't help myself! Happy reading (you'll have to post about your choice. I'm curious what you'll find!)

Joanie Richards said...

I love the Jodi Pecault books. If you want to borrow some, I'll be glad to loan them to you.