Then the pool opened, and I have to say there have been a few moments that I've thought "What was I thinking?!".
Let's talk about pool etiquette.
What do you think are the rules about sharing toys?
I have learned over the last 2 weeks that I obviously do not know how to share.
In this picture you can see Alyse's little ducky watering can.
The problem is, I guess every other kid that walks into our pool also loves it!
I have had the worst time keeping up with it. I have had to ask kids to give it back. I have even had to walk over and take it off of other people's towels.
The last 2 times we have gone to the pool I haven't even let her take it out of the bag because I know that it is going to lead to frustration for both of us.
Her frustration ~ she wants to play with it, but it has been kidnapped.
My frustration ~ I want to teach my child to share, but I also get annoyed that she can't even play with her own toy because some strange kid took it from her. Plus I have been given the look of death by moms when I asked for it back and one mom literally told me that I needed to "lighten up". (That day I just packed up and headed home. I couldn't take it anymore.)
However, I have to say that it is worth it if my child is happy.

5 comments:
Amen Sista!! I have experienced the same problems at the pool. The mother "hen" in me comes out everytime. I don't mind sharing but that is NOT what happens...it's taking not sharing that goes on. Can't a girl just play with her own Ducky watering can? Want to go to the pool on Thurs. or Fri.?:)
Isn't that so annoying. Why don't parents see this and make their children understand that they can't take other people's toys. I don't mind sharing with other children at all but don't just take my kids fav toy ya know. I hope your next pool experience is much better. Her lil bathing suit is darling!
Girl, it's rough out there when it comes to things like that. Kids at public pools are going to share toys, but they should not walk away with them, AND their mother should be on point with what their child has, ans is walking away with. I definitely think the parents need to take care of things. Wait until the issues get even bigger. Read my post from last night.
That is crazy that another mom said that!!! I feel the same way you do!!! Yikes! Motherhood is not for wimps, huh?
Wow. It's amazing that people think if their kids want something, it's a free for all! You have every right to be possessive over, well, your possessions. You have to admit though, Alyse has some sweet toys. Who wouldn't want to play with them?! Hopefully things will calm down so the pool can be an enjoyable experience for both of you.
Post a Comment