It seems that the other night, when I went to go meet a friend at Starbucks and left him on "Daddy Patrol", Josh and Alyse had a little copycat moment. Apparently he dropped something and said "Crap!" as he reached down to get it. Well...guess who then dropped her juice on the floor and said "Crap!"
That's nice!
Good thing we aren't really big on swear words in this house!
Honestly I knew that we had gotten to this point in toddlerhood. I have noticed her repeating words and actions that I do. There are phrases that she says just like I do. She also talks to our dog exactly the same way that I talk to him. I have even noticed her doing this sighing thing that I do when she is frustrated. (However, it sounds somewhat like a growl coming out of her....)
Guess it is time to start thinking twice about the things we say and watch on TV, because the little parrot may pick up on it.
5 comments:
Oh, I feel you and hear you on this. I will never forget the first time I had my "light bulb moment" on this issue....Connor was playing with his trains and one was "in trouble" and he said "What did I JUST TELL YOU?!?!" just like me!!! Oh, God gives us children to teach us so many things and keep us humble! :)
Oh...well yes, it could have been much worse you are right...but Crap sounds funny to a toddler!
yeah...there are times when stuff comes out of the son's mouth and it's a mirror image of myself! Sometimes it's a welcome reality check--at other times not so much!
We had this happen with the word shoot. It is so hard to turn to her and tell her not to say it with a straight face because 1. you just said it and 2. it sounds so cute coming out of their little mouths!
Yeah, my 3 year old is VERY observant! He mimics things I say, but so far he hasn't dropped any swear words from Daddy, though he does say, "Shut up!" sometimes. (I don't think police officers even realize they're swearing sometimes...I have to remind him!)
Sad faces work the best on my son when he's done something wrong, so I usually just act like I'm about to cry or pout the lip, and he immediately says "Sorry, Mama."
I'm going to milk it for all it's worth for as long as I can!
Post a Comment