Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shooting

This is a conversation that Josh and I had last night on the phone.

Josh: I will be coming home soon. Have to stop by the office.

Me: You are coming home sooner than I thought.

Josh: Yeah....I forgot to tell you that I shot around tonight.

Me: YOU WHAT?!?!

Josh: I shot around

Me: Really? Where?

Josh: At the park.

Me: Ok....what happened?

Josh: Well there were a couple of guys out there that I know, so I went out and shot around with them.

Me: Wait, you mean you were playing basketball?!?

Josh: Yeah, I hit three 3s in a row, which I thought was pretty good for shooting in uniform... Wait a second. What did you think I was talking about?

Me: I thought you meant you shot a round, like a round of bullets! HA!

Josh: (Laughing, a lot) Um... no

Me: Oh my gosh! Don't scare me like that!

*Maybe Josh and I are the only ones to think that conversation was funny.....
5 yrs ago I would have never thought he was talking about bullets, I would have known he was talking about basketball! Things have certainly changed since then.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Who uses that phraseology with basketball?! I would have totally thought the same thing you did! With the same reaction. :D

Nancy Pfeifer said...

Oh that's funny!!! I am with you girl.... I would have thought he was talking about the gun too!! :)