Monday, May 11, 2009

National Police Week

Just a reminder that this week is National Police Week.

National Police Week, which occurs each year during the week in which May 15 falls, recognizes the service and sacrifice of U.S. law enforcement. It is also a time to pay special recognition to law enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty for the safety and protection of others.

Whereas the police officers of America have worked devotedly and
selflessly in behalf of the people of this Nation, regardless of the peril or
hazard to themselves; and


Whereas these officers have safeguarded the lives and property of their
fellow Americans; and

Whereas by the enforcement of our laws, these same officers have given
our country internal freedom from fear of the violence and civil disorder
that is presently affecting other nations;

Whereas these men and women by their patriotic service and their
dedicated efforts have earned the gratitude of the Republic:

Now, therefore, be it
Resolved


Thanks to all police officers (and police wives) for your dedication and sacrifice. I am proud to be part of the "family of blue".

3 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

What a fantastic post! I had no idea that such a thing even existed. Thanks, Stephanie.

Police officers are definitely worth taking some time to thank and observe.

-Francesca

Natalie said...

I didn't even know that this week existed (well, meant something anyway). Thanks for sharing this info and post so that we can all thank our boys in blue.

I'll have to stop by the PD and wish them a good week! I'll just make sure my hubby's there too!

Heather said...

This is so important and I am so thankful for police officers like your hubby! May God bless you and the other families who sacrifice themselves for safety!