Monday, May 4, 2009

I'll Be Back On The Road Soon

This afternoon I got a text from Josh that said, "Baby, open the garage."
I responded, "Um..why?"
He said, "Please just come open the garage."
I walked to the door and pushed the button.

There stood Josh with a big smile on his face and a pretty new car!

I was very surprised and happy!
He gave me a kiss and said, "Sorry I didn't have time to get a bow, but surprise!"

In all honesty it wasn't a complete shock.
We went out for a few hours on Saturday and looked at a few different car dealerships. There were a few that we liked, but I told him that I was fine with whatever car he thought was best.

After some time he took Alyse and I home and went back to get dinner and then he went back to the Hyundai dealership.

This is the one he picked:


It is a 2006 Hyundai Tuscan v6.

Yes, it is used, but I am totally fine with that! Honestly I liked it better than some of the new cars we looked at. This one was cheaper and had so much more to offer.

It has leather seats, a moon roof, a 6 disc cd player, digital dashboard - which includes the feature that tells the inside/outside temp, how many miles we have till we have to fill up the gas (which is HUGE for me since I am always afraid of running out of gas), and a bunch of other upgrades.

I really love it!

I haven't driven it yet. (Josh test drove it, but I couldn't because I was still on pain meds.)

I still can't drive it yet because Josh needs to pick the new tags up for it, but really... I am ok with that! Not sure if I am quite ready to drive it yet. Kinda nervous!

Sidenote - I also have to say I was a little embarrassed that Josh showed up with one of his fellow officers. I walked out with my pjs on, my hair all crazy, and my hand over my not completely healed up face with no make-up on. I told Josh to tell him that I usually look much better!


9 comments:

Dori said...

Yea for a "new" car!

Becca said...

Wow! What a great surprise! I like it, very cute!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

Thats AWESOME!!! How fantastic! I am so happy for you!! :)

Natalie said...

Looks pretty new to me (and I've noticed whenever I get into a car with leather interior, it ALWAYS has that new car smell regardless of what year it was built).It also appears that you're recovering nicely. That's great news.

Ermis Party of 5 said...

What a great surprise!!! So happy for you!

Ermis Party of 5 said...

What a great Surprise!! So happy for you!

Mindy said...

What a great surprise. I was catching up some and am so sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that everyone is ok!

Marie Marsicano said...

Very nice!!! We have a hyundai and I love it.

I did laugh at you saying you walked out in your pj's and his fellow officer was there - but then I laughed harder when I thought - well Stephanie always says she likes to be in her PJ's!!! Just get fancier ones for occasions like this. :)

Jill Pagels said...

What a great surprise. It looks like a great car. I hope you are feeling better, I'm sure you'll get used to driving again in no time, but it is a little scary at first.