Those are all books from both Josh and my childhood collections.
We have so many books for her to enjoy as she is growing up!
If there was one thing that my sister and I were spoiled with, it was books and music. I have boxes and boxes of books that I have from my parents and Josh got from his house.
The ones pictured are a very small selection that I pulled out this weekend that I know are age appropriate for her.
There are many Golden Books, Dr. Seuss, Berenstain Bears, Walt Disney, and random books about different Bible stories, colors, shapes, animals, etc....
Every kid needs to have The Polky Little Puppy, The Little Engine That Could, and so many other classics that I found in boxes.
I'm so glad that we could share them with her, and I hope that she continues to have a love of reading!
I'm so glad that we could share them with her, and I hope that she continues to have a love of reading!

7 comments:
I have so many fond memories of the Little Golden Books! Pokey Little Puppy was one of my all time favorites!
WOW! That is a lot of books. Autumn's entire collection is probably about the size of that. I can't believe that is only a small part of her collection!
So cute in her bee costume.
We have a lot of our childhood books as well. I love when the kids prefer them over the new ones. Looks like she'll be a good reader!
We love books here too. I'm delighted that our 4-year-old is pulling out chapter books to read now--we get to read even more of our favorites! Though I'm also delighted that our 19-month-old still wants to read Sandra Boyndon and Dr. Seuss. Yep. We're just a bunch of book freaks!
OH, You had my heart when I saw the Bumble Bee costume since we live in a house full of B's! Anything Bee's I think of my kiddo's.
She is soooo cute and that's wonderful that she loves books so much.
I just LOVE reading books to my kiddies (in fact, that's one of the main reasons we wanted to live within city limits of our small town so we could get free library cards! I know, nerdy, but what can you do!). I wish I still had the books I grew up with, but I'm the 2nd oldest of 6 kids (5 brothers) so there's not much left of our childhood books. I really cashed in on scholastic book orders while taking a children's literature class in college. Do you have any of them memorized? My boy LOVED One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss, and I could read it from start to finish without having to even see the pages. I know, because when I scratched my retina, I literally couldn't see but I could still read a book to him for bedtime!Sorry for the long post. You found my weak spot in books!
How wonderful!!! These tiny steps into literacy will take her sooooo far in her education and as a life-long-learner!!! I love to read and in awe of kids and adults who read. This post made my day!
Post a Comment