Friday, May 29, 2009

Australia to Atlanta

A few months back I saw that Hillsong United was touring the US.
I looked and found that Atlanta was the closest that they would be to us, so I emailed all the info to my dad, because.... well, I knew that he would be interested in going and would take me with him!

So on Wednesday we packed up for a little midweek getaway.

Here we are at the concert:
(not a very good picture, but oh well!)

(If you look on the very top left hand corner you will see a guy with some sunglasses on. That is Chris Brown. He is one of the worship guys at our church. He and Mack Brock - another one of our worship guys, and several of the band members and singers were sitting just 4 rows behind us. I thought that was pretty crazy considering that there were over 5,000 people who were there.)

I know you are probably thinking, "You took Alyse with you to the concert?!" Yes we did. And she LOVED it!

Just look at her worshiping away:

However, I think all that dancing she did was some type of rain dance because about an hour into the concert it started to rain. Scratch that. It started to STORM! Right before the storm hit, my parents took her to the car so she could stay dry and for her to go to sleep while Josh and I stayed for the concert.
We had a great time!
We enjoyed worshiping and getting to experience Hillsong live! So glad that we went. (And glad that I got the new CD too!)

1 comment:

Becca said...

That video is too cute! That it is a total bummer that it started to storm but it sounds like y'all still had a good time!