Josh had gotten out to go to an ATM. As he was at the machine, I moved into the driver's seat. When Josh got in the car, he laughed at me.
Why was this funny? Well, because I can count on one hand the number of times that I have driven with Josh as my passenger. For the last 11 years, he has always been the driver. ALWAYS!
I really didn't notice this until a few weeks ago.
Every Sunday Josh drives to and from church with someone else. Well, one day after our day was done there was a change of plans. Josh was not going to ride back home with them. He went to go give the keys back and the husband told Josh to give the keys to his wife because she was going to drive. Josh handed her the keys and then looked at me and smiled. He smiled because I think he knew that I was thinking, "Really?"
Afterwards I asked, "Why is it that you always drive?"
He said, "Do you want to drive?"
I replied, "No, not really. I would rather ride, but do you not trust me to drive? I'm a good driver."
He laughed. Then he said, "I do trust you, and yes, you are a good driver. If you want to drive, you just let me know. You can drive if you want."
So today I gave it a try.
I drove maybe a whole 5 miles from the ATM to our house.
It was kind of odd.
I think I am going to just let him do the driving from now on.
Seems to work for us.
2 comments:
Too funny! Jeff always drives too!
Ha, I never drive if Dustin is with me neither!
Post a Comment