That was probably the most exciting thing that has happened in awhile.
Plus, I am having a hard time coming up with blog ideas lately.
So, even though this might not be entertaining for everyone, I thought I would do a little police wife post today.
I noticed yesterday that I was The New Blog of the day on The Best Police Blogs blog. I'm not quite sure how I got on there... but if you are a police officer, police wife, or other LEO supporter, I'm glad that you stopped by!
I love being a wife of a police officer!
I could (and maybe will sometime) write about all the great parts of having a police officer for a husband. I could also (and maybe will sometime) write about all the not so great parts of having a police officer for a husband.
Instead I will tell you a few stories from a police wife for the last week or so:
Yesterday Josh went to our friend Amy's daughter school to give a little talk about being a police officer. He went in uniform, took a car, and I have heard did a great job talking with a classroom full of children. Amy called me to tell me that they loved him and that the teacher even asked if he was single after he left. (He is pretty handsome in that uniform!)
The other day Josh decided that he was going to get on the computer to check about one of the guys that he had put in jail the night before. He wanted to see if he had been bailed out, and to make sure that they had put him on the list for electric monitoring. When he checked he saw that yes, he had been bailed out (because who doesn't have $45,000 sitting around for bail.) So, he then went to this other website and signed in. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was checking to see where he was. For the next hour, we sat and watched a dot move all over a map of our city and then back to "his zone" (which is his house and section of his neighborhood that he is allowed to move around in.) Then Josh did some clicking and then there was a close up on the guy's house. It was crazy! I had no clue that was part of what he did each day.
And finally, let me share with you a picture that Josh sent me from a bust they had. They are always so excited to show how many guns and how much drugs they get.
I guess this night was pretty successful!
1 comment:
That's very interesting! I am very thankful for your husband and how he works to protect our city. I would love to hear more about your life as a police officer's wife =)
Post a Comment