Friday, February 27, 2009

Expecting A Baby

Now, before you get too excited......
(No, I am not pregnant.... that I know of.)

Awhile ago, I filled this out on Facebook. It tells all about my first born. Since she will be celebrating her 2nd Birthday Sunday, I thought it would be fun to look back on my pregnancy.


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? sorta. We knew we wanted a baby, but it happened really fast!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, for almost 3 yrs

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? so happy, but kind of surprised. I cried!

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 25

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? We were going to see my parents in Kansas. I knew that we had not been preventing anything, so I decided to take a test to make sure that if we were pregnant that I could tell them in person.

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Josh. I told him to go into the bathroom and look at the counter where I had left the test. I watched his reaction in the mirror. He just smiled and said, "No way!"

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? oh yes, I am a planner! Plus I was teaching at the time and the kids had to know!

8. DUE DATE? Feb 17, 2007

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? not really. I never threw up. I felt a little sick and tired sometimes, but really the only thing that made me really sick was the shower. I had to shower at night. I also told people that my first trimester was during the summer, so I think that I slept in and missed the morning sickness part!

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Qdoba, but that wasn't just a pregnancy thing...

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? um, not much. I was a VERY happy pregnant girl! Loved it!

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Beautiful little girl

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I kind of always knew I would have a girl. Josh really wanted a girl too.

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 35

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. I had one at school and Joy threw me one too that was sort of a combination of family, friends, and some church people.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really. They thought that she was going to be breach because she was upside down for a very long time, but at a DR appointment they flipped her. (Not fun!) There was also one day that I was having really bad contractions/pain. I left school and called my doctor. I had to stay in bed for two days. They think it was because I rode the bus for a field trip.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Presby Matthews

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? um... don't really remember. I was almost 3 weeks late so they decided to induce me. I started the drip at 9am. I started feeling contractions around lunch time but then got really sick! Don't remember much after that. I can't tell you what a contraction feels like!

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Josh

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Josh. My parents, Danielle, and Joy were in the waiting room

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? c section

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, they gave me phenigrin to make me feel better but I got really sick. They then gave me an epidural to hopefully take some of the pain away and to help me stop throwing up, then they gave me more meds when I went into delivery

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? They said at first she was 7 lbs, 1 oz, but then they weighed her again in recovery because they had some issues with the scale. That time she was 6 lbs. 3 oz.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? March 1, 2007

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Alyse Nicole (For those of you who don't know how to pronounce it... A - lee -se Just like Elyse but with an A sound.)

27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Almost 2! Can't believe it!

Note: This picture was taken when I was 8 months pregnant. (Jan 2007)

9 comments:

Becca said...

Awe, how sweet! I can't believe you were almost 3 weeks late!!!! My sister's birthday is Sunday too!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i have seen this floating around, such a great questionnaire. i love the picture and your daughter is just beautiful. i hope she has a very happy birthday!

stopping by from SITS to welcome you to the community, we are so glad you joined. you will love it!

Sandy said...

That's very sweet! Wow, 3 weeks overdue is a long time to wait! It's all worth it though:0)

I came by from SITS to welcome you to the SITStahood! It's nice to have you as part of our group:0)

lov said...

oh how fun!
i can't wait to fill one of these out....one day! :)

angi_b72 said...

Welcome to SITS!! Hope to see yo around bloggyland!

Judah said...

wow!! time does go by quickly doesn't it!!
welcome to SITS

Jeanette said...

My first born was 2 weeks late and I was induced and ended up with a c-sec like you! Although my baby boy was 10 lbss 1 oz...just a little bit bigger! Love the pic of you and Josh...so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what Qdoba is??

Because of Love said...

Namine, it is my favorite! It's a "fast food"mexican restaurant. Not like Taco Bell...Kinda like Chipolte, but BETTER!