Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beach Day

It was a really nice day today. So, what should 4 girls go do? Go to the beach!

This weekend, Maria, Josh's sister came to visit us. Last night we were talking about what to do today and she said that she really wanted to go to the beach. She called Josh's other sister, Rachel, who just happened to have today off. She agreed that a beach trip sounded like a great idea.

So this morning, the 4 of us (Maria, Rachel, Alyse, and I) headed for Sunset Beach. (About 3 hrs from our house.)

When we finally arrived, let's just say it was obvious that we weren't exactly there during peak season. It took us awhile but we finally found a nice place to have lunch. Right across the parking lot was a really cute shopping place. There were a number of stores connected together with everything from souvenir beachy stuff to a Christmas store. (No, I did not buy one thing. So proud of myself!) Unfortunately there are no pictures because this sign was posted numerous times, and I am not a rule breaker. (Well, unless you think I broke the rules by taking a picture of the no pictures sign....)

After some shopping, we stopped for a little ice cream.

Finally it was time to head down to the water!





Such a fun day!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a fun day!! It looks like you had the beach to yourself :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, wish I could have gone along